- I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- For I hold you by your right hand—I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. Isaiah 41:13
- And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
- Reach out to others.
- Make a list of 7 ways God loves you.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Read Psalm 18 out loud daily.
- And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8
- Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. Proverbs 12:25
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. I Peter 5:7
- Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33
- Memorize Isaiah 41:10
- Pray daily for at least 5 minutes.
- Make a list of ways God has provided for you in the past. Post them where you will see them often.
- Build a Spotify list of inspirational music.
- God remembers those who suffer; he does not forget their cry, and he punishes those who wrong them. Psalm 9:12
- Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God. Psalm 43:5
- The Lord says, “Israel, remember this; remember that you are my servant. I created you to be my servant, and I will never forget you. Isaiah 44:21
- But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish. Psalm 9:18
- See your primary care physician for a physical cause.
- Make lifestyle changes…good night’s rest, exercise.
- Make a list of the lies you tell yourself and find through scripture what God says about you.
- Find a strong spiritual believer who can provide objectivity and pray with you.
- Find a counselor if self-help avenues are not working.
- Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10
- Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. Proverbs 11:25
- Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand, it is to make great and to give strength to all. 1 Chronicles 29:11-12
- Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
- Always tithe first. Then save. Then buy
- Attend and practice the principles of Financial Peace University
- Maintain a budget
- Live with a generous heart
- Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
- So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you… James 4:7-8a
- Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle, you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:10-18
- But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 1 John 4:4
- Remove all occultic items from your home.
- Remove any footholds Satan might have in your life.
- Read and memorize scripture
- Pray daily
As the Children's Pastor and Discoveryland Director, Candace leads the Discoveryland team! She's passionate about helping parents be the spiritual leaders in their families and walking alongside them as they do.